Hydration and Temperature Regulation are the ultimate human performance tools. Thanks to sports drink companies, we all know about hydration. But little is shared about the regulating body temperature.
You can succumb to heat stroke even when fully hydrated!
PRECOOLING stalls the point at which overheating would normally occur. If your activity doesn't allow for cooling on-the-job, then this method of cooling is for you:
- Precool for 30 minutes or longer to outlast your competition
- Precool to boost your mental and physical endurance
- Precool while "warming up" to reserve your game-time performance
MID-ACTIVITY or SIDELINES COOLING
- Throw on your cooling vest whenever you take a break to restore physical and mental endurance
- Your body keeps sweating after extended activity in warm environments. Your cooling vest helps your body safely recover.
- Ice Tubs are considered the gold standard for cooling an overheated athlete, but are not always available. The Maximo Cooling Vest is the next best option.